Saturday, 14 August 2010

Heads Up.

I made the hat above for one of the teachers at work. She'd said she would quite like a cap, and I'd seen this pattern, and had just the right yarn to give the demin effect.The yarn is Cedifra yarn Selena in three colourways, blue/yellow, blue /pink and blue/blue knitted together with a basic yellow acrylic double knit to get the correct gauge and the mottled effect. The pattern is from The Knitter's Bible of Knitted accessories by Claire Crompton, the pattern is the Weekender Cap from p 88-91. The person it was for was very pleased with it, as I'd made it as a surprise for her.

Keeping your fingers free

I made these for the "someone special" in my life. In his line of work he needs to keep his hands warm, but possibly his fingers free. They are an adaptation from the "Magic Mitten Gloves" in the Knitter's Bible of Knitted Accessories. I left the mitten top flip back off. They are knitted from Dalegarn Falk and took just under 100g. The yarn is pure wool, so making them in acrylic would probably take less, but they wouldn't be as warm.

A cheeky beret

This cheeky beret is from the free pattern and yarn given away with August 2010s issue of "Let's Knit" magazine. I opted for the Buffy pattern, there were two options. I have however created a spiral rather than the concentric circles it should have. I like it though and am pleased with the result. Although it isn't really my colours...well not for a hat anyway.

A Jumper for me

I'm not altogether happy with this, as the sleeves are a little too snug for me. I might either find it another home, or make changes to it. Possibly by inserting a diamond shaped patch under the arms like are found on bowling shirts. The pattern is a Stylecraft one 8203 for Kon-Tiki DK. I used Marble DK from James C Brett. Perhaps it would look better in a cotton yarn.