Sunday 12 July 2009

Flapper and ball gowns







Here's my latest "creations".
Flapper, is the scarf, again, from Knitting New Scarves by Lynne Barr, and the ballgowns are from a calendar that Blue sent to me for Yule. I don't have a Barbie doll, I did have a Sindy when I was young, but she was a real proportions Sindy, not like today's supermodel ones. I might make a few more ballgowns, as they are quick to make, and I think might actually sell at the right price.

In Lynne Barr's book the Flapper scarf is in black and grey, I chose a variegated pale colour for the main shade, and black for the flaps, so that when the flaps, do flap, they reveal something unexpected. The paler picture shows the reverse of flapper. There were loads of ends to weave in, but well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment