Wednesday 2 September 2009

Working on a UFO

I haven't been lazy since I finished the shawlette last week. After washing it etc. I started to sew some beads on it, but they were quite frankly too clunky and looked numb. Luckily I'd only sewed two on when I decided this.
On the needles at the moment is a cardigan, and I'm making an amigurumi.
I have got three pairs of trousers to turn up for Becki, Edwin's gf, have done one, two to go. I won't share a picture of that. I'm also making myself a couple of very simple underskirts, a bit like a dirndl skirt in grey anti stat lining.
The UFO I am currently working on is one of giraffes, will post on here when I finished. I joined a UFO blog, to "spur" me along. The blog is called "I've started so I'll finish...eventually"
Think that's about it.
I get The Knitter magazine monthly, and follow a couple of knitting blogs. It's nice to see what other people are doing. One blog said how difficult Kitchener Stitch is...for a seamless finish. So I searched for a video. There were quite a few, but this one is fairly simple and only 2 and 1/2 minutes long.

5 to 10 in the evening. I've done the other two pairs of trousers, done a bit of mending, and only have to thread elastic around the underskirts. No photos, cos there's nothing worth taking a photo of, at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment