Sunday 25 April 2010

Cardigan finish


I finished the cardigan on Tuesday night, and started the sleeveless jumper for my someone special. I quite like the cardigan, and true to form, the weather here has warmed up, this is a rather cosy cardigan perfect for cool summer evenings.Even though I got the cable wrong, I did manage to copy the mistake onto the other front, so it looks deliberate :D.

My someone special has said that he would like me to make him some socks...that is going to be a first for me, as the only socks I have ever made have been baby ones, more like bootees than socks. Well, we'll see. If anyone has any tips on sock knitting I would welcome them.

1 comment:

  1. I started knitting socks last year & the best advice I can give you is start from a good basic sock pattern, I like Ann Budd's pattern in The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I tried starting with a free one online & the instructions just weren't clear enough when it came to making the heel.

    ReplyDelete