Monday 10 August 2009

Wrong chart?

I have been without my car and pc for the past few days.
I have knitted and read quite a lot.
I did start a lace weight shawl from Luxury Yarn One Skein Wonders by Judith Durant. However after the set up rows I started on chart A, and although I have never knitted a shawl before I just knew the chart must be wrong, as the yarn overs and ssk and k2 togs were not falling correctly.
So, I pulled it off the needles and started all over again.
I'm just about to go to bed, but thought I would check if there were any erratum/corrections for the book, and guess what? Yes! you're right! The shawl I has started had some mistakes in the chart. I have knitted lace patterns on jumpers before today, and could just see it was going wrong. I have printed out the correction, fingers crossed the pattern will look right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment