Sunday 27 February 2011

On top of everything else.

Besides all the projects I have in waiting....I intend to try three things this year. One I have done on a small scale. That being lace knitting...but as Blue brought me a skein of laceweight from home last time she came...and it has 1600m or so on it....I think tiz only right I make something beautiful from it.
Another thing I want to have a go at, and have never done before is entrelac knitting. I am currently waiting for a book on entrelac, and will try small swatches before tackling a project in it.
I also wanted to try reversible knitting. I feel certain I'll be ok with it, and am about to start knitting a sample scarf for a designer. Watch this space for that one, as I am casting on this afternoon.
I would love to find some time to knit some socks as well. I have never knitted socks before, but I have used sock wool, fine needles and can knit in the round, so I am hoping making socks will not be such a giant step.

No comments:

Post a Comment