Sunday, 27 May 2012

Doing my own thing

I decided to try top develop a hat using the "scarf" yarn that is so widely available these days.
I started with a basic bonnet pattern and decided to add the scarf yarn every 3rd stitch, but it wasn't quite the effect that I was looking for, so I finished it off plain after using the yarn for two inches.
The second I worked the scarf yarn in every other stitch, but only every third row.  Still not what I wanted.
The final try I used the yarn every other stitch and every row. I am happy with this result.

It isn't that the first two are wrong, they just are not what I was aiming for. When I'd finished I noticed that it doesn't really matter what colour your base yarn is, so long as the bonnet ties blend in with the bonnet.

After looking through my photos, I've found pictures of stuff I haven't posted here, ah well, never mind. Must remember to post when I upload photos to the pc in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment